I want to know God’s thoughts. The rest are details. – Albert Einstein
“A man who as a physical being is always turned toward the outside, thinking that his happiness lies outside him, finally turns inward and discovers that the source is within him.” – Soren Kirkegaard
Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.© Melody Beattie
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.© Nelson Mandela
The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover is yourself.© Alan Alda
Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.© Benjamin Spock
If you light a lamp for somebody, it will also brighten your path.© Buddha
To lead people walk behind them.© Lao Tzu
There are so many ways to heal. Arrogance may have a place in technology, but not in healing. I need to get out of my own way if I am to heal. – Anne Wilson Schaef
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.© Mohandas Gandhi
This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play. – Alan Watts
Life is like music for its own sake. We are living in an eternal now, and when we listen to music we are not listening to the past, we are not listening to the future, we are listening to an expanded present. – Alan Watts
“Tomorrow and plans for tomorrow can have no significance at all unless you are in full contact with the reality of the present, since it is in the present and only in the present that you live. There is no other reality than present reality, so that, even if one were to live for endless ages, to live for the future would be to miss the point everlastingly.” – Alan Watts
“Jesus Christ knew he was God. So wake up and find out eventually who you really are. In our culture, of course, they’ll say you’re crazy and you’re blasphemous, and they’ll either put you in jail or in a nut house (which is pretty much the same thing). However if you wake up in India and tell your friends and relations, ‘My goodness, I’ve just discovered that I’m God,’ they’ll laugh and say, ‘Oh, congratulations, at last you found out.” – Alan Watts
“What I must do is die now. I must accept the justice of death and the injustice of life. I have lived a good life – longer than many, better than most. Tony died when he was twenty. I have had thirty-two years. I couldn’t ask for another day. What did I do to deserve birth? It was a gift. I am me – that is a miracle. I had no right to a single hour. And yet I have had thirty-two years. Few can choose when they will die. I choose to accept death now. As of this moment I give up my “right” to live.”
― Hugh Prather, Notes to Myself: My Struggle to Become a Person
Existence is beyond the power of words
To define: Terms may be used But are none of them absolute.
In the beginning of heaven and earth there were no words,
Words came out of the womb of matter;
And whether a man dispassionately
Sees to the core of life
Sees the surface,
The core and the surface
Are essentially the same,
Words make them seem different
Only to express appearance.
If name be needed, wonder names them both:
From wonder into wonder Existence opens.
Everyone is a Taoist at heart. Everyone would like to follow nature, but we don’t have enough tools yet to put the philosophy into practice… as soon as someone gets sick, they fight the illness, rather than trying to find out the meaning or purpose behind it. – Arnold Mindell
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.© Kenji Miyazawa
Quotations of Emmanuel
- You are bathed in love every minute of everyday, for you ARE love. You cannot love another more than you love yourself and you can not love GOD more than you love another.
- It is tuning in to your very essence that will give you the freedom of choice. All the answers you need lie within. You will find them in the moments of silence.
- It is in focusing on the difficult that fear will become the master. Fear can be identified not only as terror but as resistance, as limitation, as hesitancy, as weariness or distrust. It is experiencing the easy that gives you the stability to move through the fear.
- When you are tired it is not because of what you have done but what didn’t you do that you wanted to. Bodies do not need nearly as much rest as you think they do. What they need is release. What they need is permission to express their free-flowing passion. That is not self-indulgence as you have all been taught, it is SELF-RESPECT.
- Get to know your true inner being, allow yourself to make your acquaintance, tenderly, lovingly.
- Spread light where ever you are. See yourself as unabashedly giving love and delight, as smiling, as believing in peace and in joy and in the absence of pain. You will then not only do this but embody this.
- Push your boundaries and you will extend into the Greater Self through that process. Be willing to go beyond the known into the UNKNOWN.
- There really is an Eternal Now. No future. No past. Try to master Just Being and you will find yourself in the NOW.
- Once there is a bonding there is never separation. Once there is love there is always oneness even through lifetimes.
- Communicate clearly with love, honesty, truth, a willingness to be seen and with compassion and wisdom to the best of your capacity.
Blaise Pascal – A few years before his death Pascal had a Spiritual awakening. He recorded this on a piece of paper which he had sewn into the lining of his coat. Here is an extract of his revelation:
“The year of grace 1654,
Monday, 23 November, feast of St. Clement, pope and martyr,
and others in the martyrology.
Vigil of St. Chrysogonus, martyr, and others.
From about half past ten at night until about half past midnight,
GOD of Abraham, GOD of Isaac, GOD of Jacob
not of the philosophers and of the learned.
Certitude. Certitude. Feeling. Joy. Peace.
GOD of Jesus Christ.
My God and your God.
Your GOD will be my God.
Forgetfulness of the world and of everything, except GOD.”
NB. One can be an atheist and an agnostic, a scientist and a sceptic, a theological cynic and then something like this happens and instantly you KNOW. You suddenly understand what all this talk of God is in the world’s scriptures. In an instant, it all makes wonderful, perfect sense and from then on the intellect loses its sovereignty and becomes a servant of the heart; it becomes illuminated and inspired and a kind of spiritual genius takes hold. Life is deeper, richer, numinous and never the same again and everything that came before takes on a deeper significance. One can’t force such an experience…it is Grace. The best one can do is meditate and contemplate deeper matters and live with an open heart and meet whatever arises, however painful, with spaciousness. One kind of makes oneself “accident prone” to these experiences!
“Once a person’s consciousness is centered in his own core, he becomes a master of his existence. All our outer relationships and business or service reflect the condition of our being. If we are centered in our core, our relationships, business or service will be successful and creative.
If we are distant from our core and in a diffused state, no matter how hard we try to build the structure of our relationships, business and services, they will suffer and eventually fall apart.
If Humanity does not respond to its core, it will continue to live in fear, in pain, suffering, malice, hatred, treason…
Real spiritual progress is to have control over yourself and know what you are doing, what you are saying, why you are thinking that way, why you are feeling that way. Once you start that inquiry, you will see that you are in the first steps of knowing yourself. You might remember that great Sage Who said ‘Know thy Self!’ You are going to really know yourself, what you are, how you are going to change and what you are going to BE….AND WHAT YOU ARE!
Self-realization can come in one second. Sometimes it happens that you know yourself. You feel that you really know yourself and you have control over yourself. It is so beautiful. You feel that there is something inside you which is so precious.” – TORKOM SARADAIAN